Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Calvin's first birthday sessions (photo overload)

My wittle tiny baby is a few weeks shy of being a one-year-old. Where does the time go? This time last year, I was getting my maternity photos done and imagining my future life with a little girl, head to toe in pink fashions. Boy, oh BOY did Calvin throw me through a loop.

First, I must say that I am simply OBSESSED with this child. Blue eyes, one dimple, tons of brown, curly hair (that was pure ringlets at one point), chubby cheeks and chubbier thighs, arms, belly, chins, wrists, piggies and four teeth. A contagious smile and blooming personality. I simply CAN'T GET ENOUGH of him. I'm afraid I will kiss his little face off.

Even though I love him so, I can admit that he was and still is one of the most difficult infants I have ever encountered, and I've been around a lot of babies in my lifetime. As a newborn, he had colic and reflux and was constantly crying. I struggled a LOT and had such a hard time comforting him. Nursing was difficult, and I finally gave up at 5 months. He seemed to do better on formula, but he was still happy. This week, I think I have finally realized that he may have an allergy to milk. We will see how his week of dairy-free and almond milk goes.

Although his brother took his very first steps across the room at exactly 10 months, Calvin is still navigating around on his knees. He is trying very hard to walk. He bravely takes cautious steps from couch to table to chair. It won't be long before he is officially a walker. (Although I may be enjoying these walking-free days ;]).

As for food, he will eat anything you put in front of him that is somewhat edible. I'm not even trying to be funny. This child LOVES to eat. He got his first bit of rice cereal at 4 months, and hasn't looked back. I think the main reason he likes food so much is because he knows formula gives him a belly ache. His main nutrition is big kid food, and has been for a while. Fruits, veggies, pasta, crackers, hamburger helper ;) You name it, he eats it.

When we moved out to WA, we planned on putting the boys in the same room. We bought them an adorable "bunk bed" from Ikea, and put Calvin's crib in the room until he was ready for the bottom bunk. Last week, we decided it wasn't working out as they kept waking each other in the middle of the night. We switched Calvin's room to the playroom, and everyone is happy now.

Here is a photo of the bunk bed. We still plan to put them in the same room, but we aren't rushing them.


Because Calvin's room is so bare, and the light is so creamy, I decided to do a fun photo shoot of him in his crib. I love how these lifestyle photos turned out. 



I feel like I captured Calvin's personality and physical self at this age perfectly. 

Now for the fun stuff. I did two separate photo sessions for his birthday. First was his first birth portraits, which I think are adorable. 


Here is Calvin at a few days old and one year old. Oh my!!

He's a total ham! And hard to keep still. His hair cut makes him look at a big boy :( 


And now for the cake smash photos. Let's just let the pictures do the talking...





He's just too much if you ask me. Happy birthday my sweet little man! 




No comments:

Post a Comment